Thursday, December 27, 2012

Some statistics

I've now personally seen over 150 reports of this injury.

At last count, there were-
14 "following" this blog
Over 60 people have posted here (many anonymously)
56 members on the Dental Lingual Nerve Injury Facebook page
11 more on my Dental Disasters Facebook page

The Facial Pain Research Foundation says it serves over 30,000. It is not known how many of these are lingual nerve injury sufferers. Though it is predominantly for Trigeminal Neuralgia, it also serves a variety of other ailments.

----------
UPDATE, as of 2016

There have been over 25,000 page views
Hundreds of people have posted to this blog
Our Facebook page is also busy with updates from people all around the globe

This condition is still very under-reported. Please help us bring more attention to this issue, and the hopes of financing a research study to help end our pain.

If you have any contacts in the media, fundraising or book publishing, send me a messaage so I can get them some more global info and details.

xoxo Jane

1 comment:

  1. Dentists in Australia make you sign a waiver against suing for nerve damage before having wisdom teeth removed....makes me think that it isn't as uncommon as I was told it would be before my wisdom teeth removal

    ReplyDelete