Thursday, May 6, 2010

Burn, baby, burn

The tongue burning today is as bad as it has ever been. Reminds me of 2 months ago, before I even knew that I had a diagnosis of lingual nerve injury from a dentists's injection, and at the time I didn't have any meds to help. But now I do have meds, and even those didn't help: tonight not even clonazepan could stop the burning, nor salt water rinse, nor honey, nor OraGel, nor lozenges....nothing!!! Scary.

Possible cause is a perfect storm of weather (rainy), to much sugar (birthday cake, etc.), too much talking (volunteered for school field trip today), getting my period...whatever the cause, this just plain sucks. Of course the teeth are aching as well, as always, that is a constant. But the tongue had gotten so much better, and this is a big setback that's a big worry and disappointment.

Probably not a good day for me to be posting on the blog because I don't have anything positive and uplifting to share. Hopefully the next few days will be dramatically better...

No comments:

Post a Comment